Friday, June 8, 2012

The Springs Demo

Lyrics for the cover songs are not included in this blog











1. Privet
2. Dittmar
3. Don't Care for Guns
4. Brown Dwarf
5. Love in Vain by Robert Johnson
6. Protest Song for World Freedom
7. Behind These Sheets
8. Cucurucucu Paloma by Tomas Mendez Sosa
9. World's Greatest Roberto
10. Rufus... we're not friends
11. Ben for Michael Jackson
12. Mitka Left with no Allegiance
13. Divorce Workshop
14. Rory the Qualifier
15. The Incredible Invisible Shrinking Heart
16. Life on Mars? by David Bowie
17. Eye ov I
18. Respond
19. Dragon in the Canyon

*Bonus Material
20. Cat by Jackson
21. Another Lonely Xmas by Prince

All songs ©2007 Michael Cardenas, Inverted Heart ASCAP except where noted
Released January 2007


Privet

Oh my wife, All my life, I do - I do
I marry you, I bury you

Sweet suffer tuck me in don't let me win
Sweet suffer pull the pin this story needs to end
Don't let the axe fall on my hands
Let the axe fall on my head

Look there's a tomb for you
Shrew I'm made out of glue
that you can't produce
She'll be the same way today
push pushing away
and I'll be the last one afraid to stay

I have a very pretty grave


Dittmar

On the ledge there's a latch there's a key
that is me
In the tree near the hedge with the cat
I was me
Turtle ponds, dobermen all were my friends
and the front lawn was Halloween all year long

Dear Ma, did y'all forget your son?
Day care, sit & stare
they get to go back home
and I'm used to being here
Dear Ma, did y'all forget your son?

At home, I just can't wait to get home
where the fighting's all I know
and they're screaming nose to nose
Dear Ma, did y'all forget your son?

She went shopping to get away
crack the window it will be o.k.
don't let the dress see what you made
while the sun takes your son away

Dear Ma, did y'all forget your son?
was it easy in that oven
reaching out for nothing?


Don't Care for Guns

I shot a little bird
the trigger could not wait
took my gun to the garden
killing flowers that I hate
No it wasn't far away
it was oh, point blank
the feathers were like fireworks
and the stem had a beautiful break - I was wrong

Son you're thinking too much now
far too much to admit
there's a point to this place we live
the land does not see how we fit

No it's not so far away
we are all point blank
the humans looking up at us
are gone just in case - You didn't know

Hey, I want to play basketball
Oh, Hit rocks with my racket

There is no shelter left and no nest to build
the burrows are all caving in
fall down stay there still

My home is a funeral that no-one is invited to
No I'm not so far away
I'm oh point blank
my feathers are like fireworks
and my neck has a beautiful break

No he wasn't far away
he was oh point blank
the little bird looking up at me
I shot him in the face - I was wrong


Brown Dwarf

It's so hot in your head
it's pulling you down
and that makes you walk
till the dust disappears
I wonder what burns
through the color of your fear

So this is what it's like
in the middle of all this
when everything comes together
the voices are high pitched
one-tenth of the sun
you're too young

And they will never be part of forever
stay stuck in between

I've been holding you inside
and that won't stop for some time
so don't try to rise
it all comes from you
what remains is from you
that's why it's so hard
why loving is so hard
for what remains of the stars

And they will never be part of forever
stay stuck in between
and they will never


Protest Song for World Freedom

I promise not to laugh anymore
if you just put down that gun
I know you have a car to protect
that's where you come from,
but isn't that the same place
where bullets and wheels are fun
I know i said i would not laugh,
but your hypocrisy seems to have won

If this gets the better of me
I know I better not run
and if this gets ahead of me
I'll turn around all that you have spun
It's going to rain on your game
so don't come back on any other day

Can anyone hear the change?
Are your pockets feeling brave?
The runaways are missles we launch
makes our mothers so ashamed,
but isn't that the same lady
that you never listened to?
O.K. I see now maybe
the toys are so brand new
I promise not to laugh at the boys
when they shoot me with their guns


Behind These Sheets

There's a faint smell of worship
and the praying won't stop
yes I'm going to be sick from this
they are hoping that something does exist
beyond you and me
and behind these sheets

You have to pull away to live
there's no place like this

Don't need you at my doorstep
or contemplating the flights I take
Don't tell me that I'm sleeping
I don't care that you're awake

I won't break bread with you
So untie that noose
It doesn't break my heart
to manage all this


World's Greatest Roberto

Hey Dad I'm not dead yet
one by one it's come down to one
but I'm not dead yet
Let the cancer in to give me a chance
took your mouth your throat
remember how I drew a boat
and it was sinking
Hey Dad I'm making notes again
don't touch that I put that down
to pick it up again that's what you said
make them dance
I've lost my mind and I never stop weeping
I won't be sweeping you under the rug
all else has failed I learned betrayal
since you've been gone
Hey Dad you were right
the women are all bad
would you please pick up the phone
oh
I take the stairs and weep
it's good to have your teeth
oh


Rufus... we're not friends

You're paranoid, dull and void
stuck in a stable up your street
fields are green like the other me
let's make a bet, you'll hang your head
when your poetry is worth
a bottle of shampoo
that smells like poison fruit
and I don't see it ending
I failed at inventing
that's why I'm here wrenching

Don't go my way, go to your play
and drag the rake across the stage
You're beautiful enough to kill
because you just won't die like white on rice
you got my back, I got your plan
hangin' on the in-between
Goodbye, what friends they all lie
Die, don't say you know I
You're beautiful enough to kill
my pride right by my side
losing you will send my dignity
right inside the bitter end,
it's a better end,
but the bitter end has seen better
it's beautiful enough to kill


Mitka Left with no Allegiance

490 ways to betray, these are the acts that we portray
hold your ghost and spit into the mouth
where I come from the planets are the slaves
turn your back shoulder the fame of your attack

For the years ahead might we know the dead
these people leaving their marks in this mess
All the dawn's long faces of moon's disgraced
there's a shadow in your eye and I am whole

Try to pry my hands from my side
for I'm not hungry anymore
Dry the slide that leads to a pool
so that I can blow up the moon
You will find a hateful man
under the blaze of a western sky

Someone has to purchase hate
I am grinding love from my face
I compare to nothing fair
it's good to know you approve
circles blue, sad ornaments
wrap my vision inside
make your bed - you will get ahead
while I'm diving into my grave
sympathies hiding free
I won't deny what you need
or all that you make
you have what you want
I'm looking at my hands


Divorce Workshop

What then? Knowing bit by bit the bond has eroded
One of them must stop understanding more and more
What was that year ago, do you recall our court abode
where the hands were raising material pacing
Learning the fine art of staying away
We could stand a gentle vacation without t.v. or that motivation
The embrace in her eyes you could see it in his hands
I wanted to throw my bike away
Dear teach why did they split the house in two
was it proof that crossing a river
was a child delivered to school, to lose
Oh teacher why did I learn this all from you
In the hospital they were so brittle
wiping the patients, caring for garbage
the arguement was best when they were through
It's still too much to breathe that air
there was a snare and a trap set to my past
She taught me to strike the walls
He taught me not to drink anymore
some aftermath marking this lake of harm
preventing the waters from their whereabouts


Rory the Qualifier

We're meant to keep our distance
to recognize that we are unique
we're meant to transmit the food of love's alarm
and maintain a family

You're too big not to float, stay in the water
the bones disappear, the low from miles away
blow up the air, beneath you we are yellow
You could feed the world in a day, but we will make this safe
The babies will grow so much everyday
The babies will grow so much everyday

At the turn of this century
Sven put his life on the line
a mighty killer of the great blue deep
29,000 gone and I'm hunting for him
No, never again

Come up now my friend, muscle bound little mouse
with the heart the size of a car, a car

Do we know what it's like to be shot in the head
and run for the beach afraid to drown
I'm at your concert and I know what your're saying


The Incredible Invisible Shrinking Heart

I'm hiding right behind the drapes by the fire, escape
and taking the rape from you no-one steals like I do,
but I'm leaving a wake resting in waste to this science
of a mighty ache Lucky you share my hiding place

You are a chipped cup and rolled up, put up & shut up
in the cupboard

Tin Man why are you in a can? Tin Man where did you go when you ran?

I was skating on the head of a pin, no I don't know where to begin
you see my heart is shrinking well no you can't see,
but you know what I mean. I must have asked that a thousand times,
but no-one knows now I better go

Oh the Orphans are invisible
microscopic the intangibles
so discarded, disposed of at the root
we the Orphans accept that you refuse

Tin Man your brow is filled with toil
Tin Man we found the sea of oil
Oh Orphans you do not know the joy you bring
I can move I can move again, I thee Tin Man promise to never leave again
I was searching for my heart my only friend,
but this ocean should hold back the rust for some time

my heart is skipping for the ones that I owe so much love
Oh the Orphans
What do you know or do you know any Orphans?
My heart is skipping


Eye ov I

Shout out loud with discontent
watch the faces of your friends
turn from green and turn to red
don't want to hear what you have said
All the bruises all the nicks
you won't say how you've been kicked
and everytime that you get pissed
lock the door so there's no risk

There's a shot in your head
a blanket for your bed
oh you are deaf

Fine, O.K. what do you crave?
Blind eyes say that you must make
Climb all day, kiss the mountain's face
Everyday clouds will roll in place

Break down hard with all your might
in your corner you will fight
back the feelings that are right
I'll look for miles to find your eyes
sight begins you look beyond
even when you can't respond
are you afraid of what you'll win
or what you'll find when you begin

There's a shot in your head
have you heard it yet?
oh you are deaf


Respond

I spoke with a Chinese man who made a gun
he said I'm sorry, I'm sorry for what I've done
around here we are all under the sun
but from what I see you aren't having much fun
so why does your tongue shake when you confess
he said you can't see them there up on the crest
I said yes I do and I can smell the powder too
but this at best will be many years of regret

People love to fight, fight to love
the only difference is who hides their love

I'm lit like a firefly in the morning
and I'm in your firefight mourning
I can burn like a hot pipe
I don't care about much and I don't like to be touched

We can paint a picture in a way
and dry with time like the paint
I could lie through these tears of joy
but I can see now that you're poised
What do you know I'm a phase & a stepping stone
that's how it goes when you wind up alone
Now the triggers are all worn down
I can put my ear to the ground

I talked to a woman who made a man
who made a woman talk to a man to make him a man
she said you have to fight him for my hand
this two way street doesn't stand a chance


Dragon in the Canyon

Happiness is a sweet goodbye
loneliness is on the bus waving never try
only the mirror knows what happened to the moon
Passiveness is a waste of time
violence is the shape of my mind
only the fear will know how I equalize

Ace why are you so poor?
shooting at the queen, grazing the whore

Across a canyon on a tight rope without a net
they took the guard rails down just to play some tricks
started racing towards me knowing I wouldn't flinch
over the side I went

Fantasies are not part of my disease
pleasantries are only what we see
holding a candle to remind you ov me
passionate is the great divide
fashion is to have someone by your side
holding onto the change in your life

Anyone can wait, but we're not all brave
we earn the worth of years combined
incomplete we retreat to avoid these confines
even I can wane, vanish like a flame

I don't have to know why
I would like to apoligize
I never knew you could die

Happiness is a sweet goodbye
loneliness is on the bus waving


Cat

I don't know about you,
but I wouldn't go shooting at the moon
all you say gonna come back to you
and all you do is point and shoot

Joy to the world, it only hurts
for all it's worth, it's not the worst
Joy to the world, it always turns
it always hurts, you will not burn

They all hear what you have to say
all these people are happy today
there is something you have missed

Joy to the world, it only hurts
for all it's worth, it's not the worst
Joy to the world, it always turns
it always hurts, you will not burn

I don't know how you can hang
when everyone you touch stings
all you do is set up rings
light the fire hear the lion sing

Joy to the world, it only hurts
for all it's worth, it's not the worst
Joy to the world, it always turns
it always hurts, you will not burn

No comments:

Post a Comment